Since 1987, young people in different communities across Nigeria have been reached with the gospel of Jesus Christ through our ministry models such as schools and neighborhood clubs, hangouts, camp meetings, leadership seminars, workshops and various social involvement and interventions.
Currently, we work in 10 communities in 8 States of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory with offices in the following Cities: Akure (Ondo State), Asaba (Delta State), Agbara/Ijanikin and Lekki (Lagos State), Minna (Niger State), Owerre-Nkworji (Imo State) and Abuja (FCT). Re-pioneering work is ongoing in 3 Northern States of Kaduna, Nassarawa and Plateau. Plans are also in the works to pioneer Centres in Adamawa and Taraba States in the Northeast, Rivers and Bayelsa States in the South-South and Ebonyi in the South-East.
The National office is situated in Kubwa, Abuja. There are a total of 8 full-time staff, 4 part-time staff and over 50 volunteers serving in various capacities in the ministry across the country.
Now, more than ever, Nigerian youths need the gospel and they must be groomed for leadership and excellence. The future of the nation depends greatly on the seeds sown in their lives now. Therefore, guided by the YFC vision, mission and strategic focus, Youth for Christ Nigeria is positioned to reach out to the over 60 million young people in Nigeria with the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ, through:
- Evangelistic outreaches to schools, churches, hangouts and communities.
- Discipleship through our G21 Clubs, Coaching and mentoring programs.
- Social Involvement and interventions: such as Reading Advancement Programme (RAP) for students, Neighborhood Sanitation Projects and Project Serve/Explore missions.
- Creative Team ministries like music, drama, choreography, dance, Spoken Word, etc.
- Prayer mobilization.
Our Goal in the next 3 years is to strategically:
- Reach over one million youths for Christ with the gospel and take over 3000 youths through a discipleship process.
- Invest in not less than 5000 young people with life-skills that will help them reach their highest potential, thereby enhancing their ability to be employable or become employers of labour.
- Train and develop the leadership capacity of over 1000 youths, so they can stand out as godly leaders in their schools, churches and communities.
- Establish and run 120 neighborhood and schools’ G21 clubs across the country for the purpose of discipleship, social involvement and leadership development.
- Establish and equip at least one Youth Development and Resource Centres each in 12 States and Abuja.
- Mobilize at least 120 adults who will pray for young people and YFC across the country every week.
- Mobilize 3000 financial partners who will give minimum of $60 annually to YFC Nigeria.